Students from institutions that does not have an agreement with BAS, can apply for admission as visiting student.
Regulations for Visiting Student at BAS for the academic year 2017/18
This letter is to inform you about the possibility of becoming
- Visiting student (free mover, not part of exchange program)
The main issue for applying as visiting student at BAS, is your motivation and dedication, and wanting to learn something new. It could be that you have started an education in your country, and want to get some new impulses, or that you have worked for a while and want to get a new perspective on things.
The regular study at BAS has duration of 5 years, divided into two parts; 3 years in first part, and 2 years in second part. The first part is concluded with an examination. Passing this exam gives the right to continue to the second part. The main exam/Diploma is included in the last term and counts 5 months. Passing the Diploma gives the right to the academic title Master in Architecture. Please note that we do not offer a Bachelor degree, we have professional degree with duration of 5 years.
For visiting students from institutions which are not part of exchange program, it is possible to study for one or two terms in the second part.(maximum 1 year) As a minimum, you will have to have completed 3 years of architectural study before you apply to BAS. A regular school fee applies for this category. (for the time being NOK 16.000,- per term plus a fee to the Students Welfare Organisation in Bergen of NOK 570,-, and a smaller copyright fee of NOK 250,-.) Tuition fee paid in due time is requirement in order to continue to the next semester. BAS does not have any scholarships available. The tuition fee will cover the teaching, it does not include expenses for materials nor the mandatory field trips.
Application visiting student: You need to send us a written application by 15. April (for studies in the fall) and 1. October (for studies in the spring).
The application will consist of four parts.
1. download the application form.
2. Motivation letter. What are your intentions, how long are you planning to stay, why have you chosen BAS?
3. Portfolio - very important part of your application. The portfolio should contain your school projects, but may also include other projects. It should be of your architectural/artistic work, to give us an impression of your skills and interest. NB Important: We do not want paperback versions of portfolios. Send the portfolio as pdf attachment per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (max.10 MB), or as a link to a dropbox folder or similar. Must be easy for BAS to access.
4. Certified copies of your transcript/records from previous education
All of the above could be sent digitally to email@example.com. In case you are admitted to BAS, you are asked to send us the original certified copies of transcript/records.
We advise you to check the possibilities you have for financing your studies in Norway. Have a look at the website for Lånekassen (Norwegian State Education Loan Fund). https://www.lanekassen.no/nb-NO/Languages/Financial-support-for-foreign-students/
Here you will find an information folder about BAS.
Bergen School of Architecture